Why decentralization matters
- Ethereum is a decentralized global computer that is owned and operated by its users.
- Web 3 is the internet owned by the builders and users, orchestrated with tokens.
- NFTs give users the ability to own objects, which can be art, photos, code, music, text, game objects, credentials, governance rights, access passes, and whatever else people dream up next.
- Tokens align network participants to work together toward a common goal — the growth of the network and the appreciation of the token.
- Decentralization is the key to unlocking the value of the internet for everyone.
- Bitcoin Whitepaper
- Ethereum Whitepaper
- Ethereum Learn Material
- Why Decentralization Matters
- Crypto Tokens: A Breakthrough in Open Network Design
- Computer Science Course (CS50 by Harvard)
- Coursera Algorithms Course
- Solidity Course: Crypto Zombies
- The rules to make the rules
On valuation and thesis
- Fat Protocols
- The Fundamental Value Proposition for Ether
- How much will EIP 1559 burn?
- Into The Void: Where Crypto Meets The Metaverse
“A decentralized autonomous organization (DAO), is an organization represented by rules encoded as a computer program that is transparent, controlled by the organization members and not influenced by a central government. A DAO’s financial transaction record and program rules are maintained on a blockchain.” - Wikipedia
- DAOs, DACs, DAs and More: An Incomplete Terminology Guide by Vitalik Buterin
- Moving beyond coin voting governance by Vitalik Buterin
- DeSci Wiki - helpful links and information on decentralized science
- The Promise of DAOs, the Latest Craze in Crypto (New yorker)
- Seed Club DAO Podcast
- Aaron Wright: The LAO – DAOs From a Legal Perspective
Some DAOs, i’m excited about
Science and Impact DAOs
- VitaDAO: DAO/community funding longevity research and initatives
- Molecule: protocol and community enabling bio ip-nfts, ip-nft marketplace, kickstarting DAOs such as VitaDAO, PsyDAO
- labDAO: DAO/community/protocol enabling easier access to labs, cloud labs etc.
- PsyDAO: DAO/community funding psychedelics research and initatives (in the making)
- Gitcoin: DAO/community developing/funding public goods. Popularized quadratic funding and became popular for funding critical open source software, especially around the Ethereum ecosystem.
- FWB: “Friends with benefits is the ultimate cultural membership powered by a community of our favorite Web3 artists, operators, and thinkers bound together by shared values and shared incentives”